Human trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world and has strong roots in Central Ohio. In fact, Ohio ranks fifth in the nation for reported cases of human trafficking. At Freedom a la Cart, we support local, adult survivors of human sex trafficking who have been sold as part of the commercial sex industry since the average age of 13. Together, we break down barriers and build lives of freedom and self-sufficiency.
Through our three primary levels of service: 1) CATCH Court restorative justice support; 2) a robust Workforce Development Program, and 3) our Butterfly Program for long-term stability, Freedom a la Cart expects to provide supportive services to approximately 600 survivors of human trafficking this year.
services provided include:
- independent living assistance (connection to resources, furnishings for home)
- employment coaching
- peer-to-peer survivor support group meetings
- social connection
- life skills workshops
- education tutors + mentors
- educational or vocational training funding assistance
- driver’s license reinstatement assistance
- tattoo removal
- case management (resource management) services for navigating resources to advance their lives
- crisis assistance (relapse, eviction, job loss, loss of government support, death of loved one).