Baked Eggplant Parmesan House-made Marinara Toasted Orzo & Mixed Greens Salad with House Dressing
1 large eggplant cut in 1/2 length wise (scoop out insides & save)
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp italian seasoning
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
**can add ground meat of choice in this stage.
Parmesan Parsley Bread Crumbs
1/8 c breadcrumbs
1/8 c grated parmesan
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 log of fresh mozzarella sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant in half length and scoop out the center (set aside), leaving enough meat inside the skin so that it holds its shape when baked. Chop up the eggplant you scooped out of the center.
- In a large saute pan add 3 Tbsp oil, add onions, eggplant and garlic to pan and stir. (can add ground meat of choice.) Cook until eggplant is tender and slightly translucent. Then add can of diced tomatoes and seasonings to pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 15 minutes and occasionally stir.
- Fill each eggplant with filling, top with fresh mozzarella and parmesan bread crumb. Bake in oven on 350 for 50 minutes.
Seasoned Pork Medallions with Creamy Dijon Sauce, Mushrooms & Onions, and Roasted Sweet Potato Coins
Creamy Dijon Sauce Ingredients:
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
1 c buttermilk or heavy cream
1 c chicken stock
3 Tb dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp cayenne
2 Tb butter
1/8 c fresh chopped parsley
1 Tb fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
1. Slice pork into 6 -1/4″- 1/2″ slices
2. Combine first five ingredients for sauce in a bowl, stir until combined
3. Divide mix: add half the mix to a small saucepan set aside, with the remaining dijon mix add sliced pork to the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes
4. To make sauce, add 2 Tb butter and fresh herbs to the dijon mix in a saucepan and cook on low heat until hot. *for a thicker sauce add cornstarch slurry to sauce
5. While pork is marinating, wash and cut button mushrooms in half, dice 1 small yellow onion and cut 2 sweet potatoes into coins 1/4″-1/2″ thick
6. Lay parchment on a baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes in desired oil, about 1-2 Tb, season with salt & pepper, place potatoes in the center of the oven
7. When potatoes are nicely browned (15-20 minutes) remove from the oven & flip them over to the other side. Continue Roasting for another 10-15 minutes, browned & tender in the center
8. While the potatoes are baking sauté onions & mushrooms in a medium saucepan, medium to high heat for a nice browned sear. Set aside in a separate dish
9. In the same saucepan you sautéd mushrooms and onions. On medium high heat add marinated pork loin 2-3 at a time, searing on both sides for a golden brown 10-12 minutes, transfer to a baking sheet and cover with foil, sear the remaining pork and add mushrooms & onions back to the pan.
Platter pork slices and top with mushrooms and onions, drizzle with creamy dijon sauce, served with a side of sweet potatoes. Enjoy!
Smoked Cauliflower & Greens Tacos with a side of Cilantro Bean Salad
In Your Meal Kit:
- Cilantro Lime Beans
- Chipotle Red Pepper Sauce
Preparing Your Meal:
Chicken Caprese & Kale Caesar Salad
In Your Meal Kit:
- Chicken Breasts
- Fresh Tomato
- Mozzarella Slices
- Pesto Sauce
- Caesar Dressing
Preparing Your Meal:
Loosely tent a sheet of aluminum foil over the pan to keep the heat in while the chicken rests. And then after 5-10 minutes, you can finally serve and enjoy your perfectly-cooked chicken breasts.
Top Chicken Breast with fresh tomato and mozzarella slices then drizzle with pesto sauce. (Optional: Put back in oven to heat tomatoes and mozzarella.)
Kale Caesar Salad: top with grated parmesan and Caesar dressing and enjoy.