Peer Support Specialist
At Freedom a la Cart we are passionate about the survivors of human trafficking we serve, our customers, our volunteers, our business partners and our staff. Freedom a la Cart is an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and workforce development program born to help survivors of human trafficking build a new life of freedom and self-sufficiency. What started as a single food cart is now a bustling catering company and café + bakery. We work hard, have fun and roll up our sleeves to empower survivors.
Peer Support Specialists strive to empower clients to achieve their hopes, dreams, and goals, and connect them with their personal recovery journey. A Peer Support Specialist is an individual who has walked the path of recovery from many things and is employed to assist others in their journeys of recovery.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, compassionate, and positive person to motivate and inspire clients towards self-sufficiency. This role will require a flexible work schedule and “can do” attitude to encourage the growth and restoration of those we serve.
This position is full-time and will require work on nights and weekends as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
Work with the Butterfly Senior Resource Manager to support the Butterfly community by communicating and assisting with the needs of clients.
- Assist Freedom a la Cart’s Supportive Services team with the execution of client service deliveries
- Assist clients toward the achievement of self-sufficiency
- Provide one on one and group peer support services
- Using company or personal vehicle, transport and accompany clients to and from various outings, meetings, court, ect.
- Help to engage clients in structured volunteer, work and social activities, and/or wellness activities
- Keep proper documentation of service deliveries, phone calls and all engagements with clients
- Attend team meetings and one on one sessions with Butterfly Senior Resource Manager
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding the information that the client is likely to share with the Peer Support Specialist
- Check in with clients with regular phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who has passion and an ambitious desire to grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Peer Supporter Certification, Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant (CDCA), or equivalent certification
- Position requires driving a company and/or personal vehicle on behalf of FALC, therefore, the candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver license, clean driving record and proof of vehicle insurance
- Adaptable people person with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with diverse audiences
- Well organized and self-directed
- A total team player with strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, anticipate needs and apply sound judgment in new or unusual situations
- Effectively manage time and prioritize requests to meet deadlines
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while creating a more inclusive and equitable world!
We offer a competitive salary, flexible work hours, and a supportive work environment that values your unique talents and contributions.
At Freedom a la Cart, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, including those who have experienced trafficking and exploitation themselves.