Housing Resource Manager (Full Time)
At Freedom a la Cart we are passionate about the human trafficking survivors we serve, our customers, our volunteers, our business partners and our staff. We work hard, have fun and roll up our sleeves to make the dreams of survivors happen. The overall vision of the position is to help survivors maintain housing stability while moving from vulnerability and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are seeking a person with unique professional and interpersonal skills capable of developing our new housing program for Freedom a la Cart while interacting effectively with program participants, professional partners, and service providers. The successful candidate will lead Freedom a la Cart’s new housing program centered around a 71-unit supportive housing community; serve as our internal housing expert; link our community housing tenants with resources to promote stability and self-sufficiency (within Freedom a la Cart or with agency partners); serve as Freedom’s liaison with the landlord + property manager; and create a healthy housing community of support and connection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the development and execution of the housing program to meet the organization’s goals and objectives
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of transitional, supportive and affordable housing resources within Central Ohio, and link clients appropriately who are seeking housing
- Navigate clients through the process of finding appropriate housing, submitting requisite paperwork, and making a successful transition to self-sufficient living
- Apply knowledge of landlord/tenant rights and responsibilities to educate participants of their rights and responsibilities
- Provide supportive services to Freedom’s housing community tenants to encourage financial independence, educational and/or job attainment and life skills development
- Maintain office hours at the Freedom housing community, provide coaching and advocacy regarding tenant issues and link them directly with resources needed to increase self-sufficiency
- Lead collaborative efforts with landlord, property manager, and service providers to facilitate positive tenant relations and maintain stable housing
- Identify supportive service “gaps” for tenants and work with Program Director to develop programmatic solutions
- Comply with the company’s data tracking and documentation requirements
- Manage the administering of funds for client assistance per program policies and procedures which will help clients to access resources (i.e. resources such as buying household items and groceries.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with government agencies and with other organizations to build partnerships that enhance service delivery and assist in the fulfillment of client needs
- Represent Freedom a la Cart and communicate housing program to other social service and government agencies, the public and civic groups
- Assists in the preparation of grant applications, which will increase resources or linkages to existing resources
- Adhere to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies and or other appropriate professional associations
- Work effectively with other team members to assess the needs of each client by understanding their background history, current needs, and assisting with their well being.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who has passion and an ambitious desire to grow and develop personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations; individuals who have experienced trauma related to human trafficking or sexual violence, and/or individuals with chemical dependencies
- Experience and knowledge of the low income housing network and subsidized housing programs
- Adaptable people person with strong social/interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with diverse audiences
- Excellent writing skills comparable with the communication and reporting requirements of the position
- Knowledge of creating and utilizing Google applications (Docs, Sheets, Gmail and Slides); Proficient in data entry and in using electronic and/or web-based databases
- Well organized and self-directed
- A total team player with strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, anticipate needs and apply sound judgment in new or unusual situations
- Ability to network within the Greater Columbus business community in ways that foster collaborative relationships (must be able to travel locally)
- Effectively manage time and prioritize requests
- Work is performed in office and housing community buildings that requires the ability to walk up and down stairs throughout the day
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!