Freedom a la Cart is a catering company with a higher purpose. Our goal is to serve delicious, beautiful, from-scratch cuisine to our customers while providing life-changing training and opportunities to survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation. #CauseCuisine
What started as a single food cart is now a bustling catering company and café + bakery. Through offering supportive services, practical life skills, paid workforce training, one-on-one case management, and job coaching, Freedom is a place where survivors can heal, learn and grow as they prepare for sustainable employment opportunities in the community.
Position: Delivery Driver — 15-25 hrs/week
The role of the delivery driver is to deliver Freedom a la Cart catering orders to customers on time, while providing exceptional customer service.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Consistently perform in a friendly and courteous manner with clients and teammates
- Deliver food to customers using a catering vehicle and/or your personal vehicle as needed
- Properly confirm order completeness and pack items to assure delivery in proper condition
- Adhere to the shortest route and deliver each order on time and with a high level of professionalism
- Complete drop off orders with proper customer communication, set up orders per customer request and Freedom a la Cart presentation expectations
- Build trust and relationships with customers. Ensure customers and their guests always receive friendly, exceptional service
- Maintain full knowledge of complete menu and products
- Follow all driving laws and safety guidelines
- Maintain safety, lifting and sanitation policy and procedures during delivery and at the event
- Maintain a clean, organized company vehicle
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Has own transportation, license, and proof of car insurance
Reliable, on time for work, and consistent work performance
- Demonstrate integrity to do the right thing when unsupervised
- Courtesy and friendly, even when stressed
- Able to climb up and down ladders and stairs, and carry up to 50 pounds for short distance
- Takes direction well and is willing to step in as needed to get the job done
- Familiar with Columbus & its surrounding areas and is easily able to utilize map apps to navigate
- Available to work Monday – Friday 10a-2p; Sundays 8a-3p (as needed)
In keeping with Freedom a la Cart’s commitment to diversity, community engagement, and social justice, we seek candidates who cultivate an equitable workplace environment.
We believe that our clients, staff, board of directors, and volunteers should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.