Chief Operating Officer – Integrator
At Freedom a la Cart we are passionate about the survivors of human trafficking we serve, our customers, our volunteers, our business partners and our staff. Freedom a la Cart is an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and workforce development program born to help survivors of human trafficking build a new life of freedom and self-sufficiency. What started as a single food cart is now a bustling catering company and café + bakery. We work hard, have fun and roll up our sleeves to empower survivors.
The overall vision of the Chief Operation Officer is to serve as the right-hand to our CEO and harmoniously integrate the vision, values and diverse functions of the organization throughout day-to-day operations. We are seeking a person with strong leadership, business and interpersonal skills who is capable of managing our people, processes, priorities, systems, and strategies with grit + grace.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faithfully execute the business plan and operations strategy while achieving short- and long-term objectives
- Work with CEO to translates the company vision and strategic plan into actionable steps for growth, through implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning
- Oversee employee recruiting, onboarding, professional development and productivity, building a highly inclusive culture
- Ensure the right person is in the right seat, and that team members can thrive, develop and grow
- Ensure core processes and operating systems are in place and followed with consistency
- Manage executive leaders creating a healthy, high-functioning and cohesive team
- Manage expenses aggressively to ensure the organization achieves targets for growth and financial stability
- Resolve issues effectively — identifying real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner
- Confirm that all key messages are properly and consistently cascaded across the organization, inherently ensuring that everyone is in the know and that a high level of effective communication exists throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3+ years business operations or executive leadership experience
- Education, experience or training in trauma and substance use disorders preferred
- Passion and talent for leading and managing diverse people
- Demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity and clarity
- Ability to coach, manage conflict and motivate others toward growth and professional development
- Effective project management skills with the ability to take an idea and put it into action
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues
- Catalyst for team cohesion
- Ability to make and deliver difficult, unpopular decisions
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to deliver messages with clarity, compassion, and consistency
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
We offer a competitive salary, flexible work hours, and a supportive work environment that values your unique talents and contributions.
At Freedom a la Cart, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply, including those who have experienced trafficking and exploitation themselves.
If you’re ready to join our team and help survivors build a new life of freedom, we encourage you to apply today.