The Catering Manager for Freedom a la Cart is responsible for assisting with the overall success of the catering business. This means adhering to the culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Freedom a la Cart’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position oversees the kitchen’s daily administrative, operational, and culinary tasks, including sanitation and safety. This position also motivates, trains, develops and directs the catering/WFD employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers and Freedom a la Cart.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Using a trauma-informed approach, will train, direct and supervise the daily conduct of the catering/WFD staff
- Supervises the adherence to proper uniform standards following the employee handbook and established account guidelines.
- Helps F&B Director conduct and evaluate staff/WFD job interviews, performance reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions and makes recommendations to the F&B Director for promotions or other changes in the status of staff/WFD.
- Oversees that all F&B Director menus, programs, concepts, challenges and tasks are carried out in a time effective manner.
- Ensures that high quality food items are creatively well prepared and presented by using efficient techniques and in a cost effective manner.
- Ensures that all culinary personnel follow the proper time and attendance policy.
- Works with the F&B Director to make sure that labor goals are met which includes apportioning the work among the catering/WFD staff.
- Assists F&B Director with placing proper orders, sourcing the best local and seasonal foods, and following purchasing guidelines.
- Ensures inventory on an appropriate schedule.
- Prepare weekly employee schedules for catering.
- Works with the F&B Director to ensure that food cost meets budgetary goals each week.
- Works with the F&B Director to recommend and implement food safety compliance measures.
- Develops and revises station-specific daily and weekly cleaning checklists and oversees their accomplishment.
- Conducts weekly 9 at 9 meetings, and ensures that regular training is occurring.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Food + Beverage Director