BARISTA (PART TIME/FULL TIME)
We are searching for an engaging, courteous Barista who is passionate about food and beverage preparation and education. To succeed as a barista, you should be committed to providing customers with excellent service. You should be positive, friendly, knowledgeable, and polite.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
- Working as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- Promote and maintain an environment of professionalism and positivity with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Teach and adhere to Freedom a la cart philosophy, culture and commitment to quality food and exemplary service
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Lead by example with “whatever it takes” attitude
- Organized, detail oriented, multi–tasker
- Great communicator with ability to be clear and concise in giving instruction
- Patience and compassion
- Ability to maintain calmness in the kitchen while dealing with stressful situations during busy periods
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred.
- Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
- Exceptional listening and communication skills.
- Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Availability to work around peak hours, including early mornings, lunch, and Saturday’s.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
- Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!!