Assistant Catering Manager
The Assistant Catering Manager for Freedom a la Cart is responsible for assisting with the overall daily success of catering. This means adhering to the organizational culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Freedom a la Cart’s standards and expectations for food quality, freshness and presentation. This position assists with the kitchen’s daily administrative, operational, and culinary tasks, including sanitation and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Catering Manager on the daily prep list
- Help with all aspects of organizing catering day to day operations
- Organize and direct volunteers on daily tasks
- Ensure all recipes are being followed according to Freedom a la Cart standards
- Monitor the quality and quantity of food being prepared
- Direct the delivery drivers
- Ensure all safety and sanitation guidelines are followed
- Collaborate with WFD to ensure timely production of quality food
- Assist the Catering Manager in kitchen maintenance duties, including keeping the walk- in, freezer and dry storage organized and clean
- Confirm daily completion of closing duties for the catering kitchen
- Store delivered produce/dry goods in a timely manner
- Train and coach catering staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Schedules are consistent & reliable hours – typically no late nights!
- Benefits packages for Full-Time employees
- PTO for everyone!
- Flexible schedule
- Safe and comfortable environment
- Competitive pay
- Paid downtown parking
- Discounted Meals
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!!