Kitchen Program Manager [Full Time]
Looking to use your stellar kitchen and team building skills while having a meaningful social impact? Freedom a la Cart is an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and workforce development program born to help survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation build a new life of freedom and self sufficiency. What started as a single food cart is now a bustling catering company. Through offering supportive services, practical life skills, paid workforce training, one-on-one case management, and job coaching, Freedom is a place where survivors can heal, learn and grow as they prepare for sustainable employment opportunities in the community.
Freedom a la Cart offers a selection of fresh, from-scratch pastries, sandwiches and wraps, hearty salads, specialty desserts, hors d’oeuvres and our newest weekly meal service “Freedom at Home.” Our goal is to serve delicious, beautiful food to our customers while providing life-changing training and opportunities to survivors.
- Act as a point lead during preparation and execution for Freedom at Home + wholesale accounts
- Assist with logistics and delivery for Freedom at Home + wholesale accounts
- Manage and maximize the productivity of the Freedom at Home process + wholesale account
- Work with the Executive Chef’s production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely production & delivery of services for Freedom at Home + wholesale accounts
- Participate in daily kitchen production/prep
- Assure customer order accuracy from beginning to end
- Manage and support kitchen employees in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of food
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional work environment
- Maintain quality food presentation
- Assist Executive Chef with writing prep lists, etc.
- Create and work closely with the Executive Chef on a monthly budget for required supplies, food and labor
- Identify challenges and resolve them quickly and efficiently
- Promote and maintain an environment of positivity and exceptional customer service
- Leads by example with “whatever it takes” attitude
- Organized, detail oriented, multi-tasker
- Superior planning skills
- Great communicator
- Patience and compassion
- Ability to maintain calmness in the kitchen while dealing with stressful situations during busy periods
- 3+ years of culinary experience (preferred)
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!!
Send email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter or email stating why you’d like to work at Freedom a la Cart. Title the email: Kitchen Program Coordinator — [Your Name]
In keeping with Freedom a la Cart’s commitment to diversity, community engagement, and social justice, we seek candidates who cultivate an equitable workplace environment.We believe that our clients, staff, board of directors and volunteers should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.