HR & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Position: HR & Operations Manager | Freedom a la Cart
Freedom a la Cart is a catering company with a higher purpose. Our goal is to serve delicious, beautiful, from-scratch cuisine to our customers while providing life-changing training and opportunities to survivors of human trafficking. #causecuisine
Starting as a food cart, Freedom a la Cart has grown into an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and transitional workforce development program born to help survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation build new lives of freedom and self sufficiency. Through offering supportive services, practical life skills, paid workforce training, one-on-one case management, and job coaching, Freedom is a place where survivors can heal, learn and grow as they prepare for sustainable employment opportunities in the community.
Freedom a la Cart offers a selection of fresh, from-scratch pastries, breakfast frittatas, sandwiches and wraps, hearty salads, specialty desserts and an assortment of hors d’oeuvres, prepared and delivered by survivors and support staff. Although we are currently only offering catering service, in 2020 we will be opening a Freedom a la Cart Cafe & Bakery, serving breakfast and lunch 6 days a week, as well as our normal catering operations, all out of a brand new brick and mortar complex.
HR & OPERATIONS MANAGER [PT, Mon-Fri, 20+ hrs a week; with opportunity for position to grow to FT]
The HR & Operations Manager will be responsible for the accounting, operations and human resource administrative functions required for financial and office management and compliance to all applicable laws. This position will handle employee relations, payroll, benefits, and training. And will plan, direct and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization.This position reports to the CEO.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Work with CEO to update handbooks, policies and procedures as needed and conduct annual in-house HR audits
- Manage employee benefits administration and maintenance
- Maintain employee personnel files and conduct ongoing audits
- Conduct annual anti-harassment and equitable workplace training
- Accessing and assisting in the development training programs
- Direct employee disciplinary procedures
- Oversee safety, OSHA and worker’s compensation compliance and training requirements
- Process all incoming invoices and distribute to appropriate staff for approval
- Verify accuracy of all check requests and employee expense reports
- Process weekly disbursements
- Deposit and properly record funds coming into the organization
- Comply with established internal control practices and procedures to ensure proper management of financial transactions
- Serve as liaison with professional bookkeeping firm
The ideal candidate possesses a solid ethical framework and understanding of confidentiality, and has demonstrated integrity, accountability, and strong work ethic in prior work experience. Additional attributes and experience included:
- 5+ years of HR experience (preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Champion in promoting respect and team building
- Relationship builder
- Patience with routine and attention to detail
- Proactive and process-oriented working style
- Leads by example with a “whatever it takes” attitude
Applicant must have:
- Knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets and Google Office applications
- Ability to utilize software and work with databases
- Ability to multitask, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate work with others
- Excellent verbal, written and in-person communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and customer service
- Ability to be flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
In keeping with Freedom a la Cart’s commitment to diversity, community engagement, and social justice, we seek candidates who cultivate an equitable workplace environment.
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!! Send email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter/email stating why you’d like to work at Freedom a la Cart. Title the email subject: HR & Operations Manager — [Your Name]
We believe that our clients, staff, board of directors and volunteers should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.