Would you like to use your killer organizational and business communication skills while having a meaningful social impact? Freedom a la Cart is an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and workforce development program born to help survivors of human trafficking build a new life of freedom and self sufficiency. What started as a single food cart is now a bustling, full-service catering company, grown from the hearts and hard work of the women who sustain us. Through offering supportive services, practical life skills, paid workforce training and one-on-one case management, Freedom is a place where survivors can heal, learn and grow as they prepare for sustainable employment opportunities in the community.
We are looking for a proactive, smart, and hyper-organized administrative assistant capable of stepping in and taking on a variety of tasks to support the needs of our growing team. We run 100+ miles per hour, and this role requires someone who can keep up with multiple projects and priorities coming from every angle.
This role will oversee key tasks required to manage office and team logistics, while fostering a work environment that is thoughtful and inspiring.
Freedom Assistant [flex-time, 15-20 hrs/wk]
This position is responsible for providing general administrative support to the management team at Freedom a la Cart, including but not limited to:
- Manage the calendar and inbox for the Executive Director
- Purchase and manage office and marketing supplies for all departments
- Field general inquiries on behalf of the organization
- Schedule and coordinate Freedom a la Cart table hosting at community events and speaking engagements
- Assist with coordination of Freedom a la Cart events
- Act as the “Thank You” coordinator for the organization
- Support Marketing efforts: email blasts, social media posts, website updates
- Assist with donor communications
- Assist with catering sales support
- Master of organization, multi-tasking and communication
- Proficiency with technology, spreadsheets, databases, and word processing
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Solid written and oral communication skills and excellent phone manner
- Passion for the Freedom a la Cart mission
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!!
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and answer to the two questions below. Title the email: Freedom Assistant — [Your Name]
- What is your 140-character (limit) manifesto or biography? This is only the length of a tweet, so get creative.
- What key “super power” would you bring to this role? What makes you uniquely qualified to support The Freedom Team based on the needs above? [No more than seven sentences]
Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer.