At Freedom a la Cart we are passionate about the human trafficking survivors we serve, our staff, our volunteers, and our interns. We work hard, have fun and roll up our sleeves to make the dreams of the #FreedomMovement happen. Raring to join us? We would LOVE that!
GENERAL INTERNSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude.
- A total team player with high level of self-motivation.
- Works well with others and has great written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and anticipate needs.
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company.
- Has own reliable transportation, laptop computer and mobile GPS device.
- Available to be in the Freedom a la Cart office twice a week, for a minimum of 10 hrs total, with the flexibility to work from home as appropriate.
- Most importantly loves to have fun while changing the world!
COMMUNITY RELATIONS INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports directly to the Volunteer and Key Partners Manager
- Data management of volunteer information to ensure that all volunteers have filled out appropriate paperwork ie background check, waiver and interest form
- Assist with communication and transfer of data to new volunteer database
- Assist with registration, set up and communication material for mentor training, mentor gatherings and special events
- Assist with meal set-up/clean up at CATCH Court as available.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon
Applicants must be college students preferably receiving school credit for their internship with us and based in Columbus, Ohio for the summer. All internships are unpaid. Send qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please respond with “Your Name – Community Relations Intern” in the subject line, resume, cover letter stating why you want to intern at Freedom a la Cart and three fun facts about yourself!
Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer.