Employment Coach [25-40 hrs/wk]
At Freedom a la Cart we are passionate about the human trafficking survivors we serve, our customers, our volunteers, our business partners and our staff. We work hard, have fun and roll up our sleeves to make the dreams of survivors happen.
The overall vision of the position is to help transition survivors from vulnerability and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are seeking a person with unique professional and interpersonal skills capable of interacting effectively with survivors, employers, and service providers. The successful candidate will lead Freedom a la Cart’s employment coaching and pairing initiative by successfully transitioning survivors from our Freedom community and workforce development program to employment in viable, trauma-safe workplaces; engage with employers to identify viable job opportunities and ensure training meets their needs; and provide ongoing employment support to ensure job retention and advancement in the workplace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess program participant to identify individual strengths, explore vocational interests and set personal and professional goals with tangible steps to achieve goals
- Ensure participants continuously works toward financial independence, educational attainment and life skills such as drivers license and housing
- Develop participants’ soft skills to improve morale and cohesiveness in the workplace (ie. conflict management and team building)
- Develop a clear employment transition roadmap for participants with milestones that fit into the individual’s 6-24 month cycle of workforce development
- Provide survivors with the necessary support and training to facilitate job readiness, tailor the services to meet each survivor’s individual needs; and connect survivors with community resources (partner agencies) for vocational training or educational services needs
- Track employment and employment coaching data to assess program effectiveness and impact for grant reporting and development of the workforce development program needs
- Network to develop a resource channel of potential employment partners; identify choice employers through an established criteria; conduct employer interviews and site visits; and ensure that FALC training meets the needs of the choice employer
- Develop relationships with choice employers in order to understand business, culture, and the job requirements of the positions they seek to fill
- Acknowledge client requests and phone calls within 1 business day
- Work with choice employers to identify specific skills they are seeking and develop a process for qualified program participants to acquire those skills
- Provide job and career coaching, follow up, and job retention services to program participants
- Train choice employers on human trafficking awareness, trauma education, understanding the benefits cliff and defining earning requirements for economic security
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who has passion and an ambitious desire to grow and develop personally and professionally.
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter/email stating why you’d like to work at Freedom a la Cart. Title the email subject: Employment Coach — [Your Name]
Line Cook [Full Time and Part Time]
Freedom a la Cart operates a new café + bakery located in downtown Columbus! We are searching for stellar individuals to join our team in serving delicious cause cuisine to our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in daily kitchen production/prep. Prepare food for service
- Maintain a clean, organized and professional work environment
- Maintain quality food presentation and preparation
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow Executive or Sous Chef’s instructions
- Adhere to guidelines of safety and sanitation
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Able to work under pressure
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Responsible for clean up and restocking
- Leads by example with “whatever it takes” attitude
- Organized, detail oriented, multi–tasker
- Great communicator
- Patience and compassion
- 2+ years of culinary + baking experience (preferred)
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!!
Send email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter or email stating why you’d like to work at Freedom a la Cart. Title the email: Line Cook — [Your Name]
In keeping with Freedom a la Cart’s commitment to diversity, community engagement, and social justice, we seek candidates who cultivate an equitable workplace environment.We believe that our clients, staff, board of directors and volunteers should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.