Freedom a la Cart is a catering company with a higher purpose. Our goal is to serve delicious, beautiful, from-scratch cuisine to our customers while providing life-changing training and opportunities to survivors of human trafficking. #causecuisine
Starting as a food cart, Freedom a la Cart has grown into an innovative, nonprofit social enterprise and transitional workforce development program born to help survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation build new lives of freedom and self sufficiency. Through offering supportive services, practical life skills, paid workforce training, one-on-one case management, and job coaching, Freedom is a place where survivors can heal, learn and grow as they prepare for sustainable employment opportunities in the community.
Freedom a la Cart offers a selection of fresh, from-scratch pastries, breakfast frittatas, sandwiches and wraps, hearty salads, specialty desserts and an assortment of hors d’oeuvres, prepared and delivered by survivors and support staff. Although we are currently only offering catering service, in 2020 we will be opening a Freedom a la Cart Cafe & Bakery, serving breakfast and lunch 6 days a week, as well as our normal catering operations, all out of a brand new brick and mortar complex.
EMPLOYMENT COACH [PT, 20-30 hours week/flex-time]
The overall vision of the position is to help transition survivors from vulnerability and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are seeking a person with unique professional and interpersonal skills capable of interacting effectively with survivors, employers, and service providers. The successful candidate will lead Freedom a la Cart’s employment coaching and pairing initiative by successfully transitioning survivors from our Freedom community and workforce development program to employment in viable, trauma-safe workplaces; engage with employers to identify viable job opportunities and ensure training meets their needs; and provide ongoing employment support to ensure job retention and advancement in the workplace.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess program participant to identify individual strengths, explore vocational interests and set goals
- Develop a clear employment transition roadmap for participants with milestones that fit into the estimated 24-month cycle of FALC workforce development
- Provide survivors with the necessary support and training to facilitate job readiness, tailor the services to meet each survivor’s individual needs; and connect survivors with community resources (partner agencies) for vocational training or educational services needs
- Track employment and employment coaching data to assess program effectiveness for grant reporting and development of Freedom Program Service needs
- Network to develop a resource channel of potential employment partners; identify choice employers through an established criteria; conduct employer interviews and site visits; and ensure that FALC training meets the needs of the choice employer
- Develop relationships with choice employers in order to understand business, culture, and the job requirements of the positions they seek to fill
- Acknowledge client requests and phone calls within 24 hours/1 business day.Work with choice employers to identify specific skills they are seeking and develop a process for qualified FALC program participants to acquire those skills
- Provide job and career coaching, follow up, and job retention services to FALC participants
- Train choice employers on human trafficking awareness, trauma education, understanding the benefits cliff and defining earning requirements for economic security
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who has passion and an ambitious desire to grow and develop personally and professionally. Additional attributes and experience included:
- Associates Degree or 2 years Employment Coaching or similar experience
- Adaptable people person with strong social/interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with diverse audiences
- Excellent writing skills comparable with the communication and reporting requirements of the position
- Knowledge of creating and utilizing Google applications Docs, Sheets, Gmail and Slides
- Well organized and self-directed
- A total team player with strong work ethic and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to problem-solve, troubleshoot, anticipate needs and apply sound judgement in new or unusual situations
- Ability to network within the Greater Columbus business community in ways that foster collaborative relationships (must be able to travel locally)
- Effectively manage time and prioritize requests to meet deadlines
- Experience in working with vulnerable trauma survivors a plus
- Flexible with the ever ebbing and flowing needs of a growing company
- Most importantly, love to have fun while changing the world!
In keeping with Freedom a la Cart’s commitment to diversity, community engagement, and social justice, we seek candidates who cultivate an equitable workplace environment.
READY TO APPLY? We would LOVE to hear from you!! Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter/email stating why you’d like to work at Freedom a la Cart. Title the email subject: Employment Coach — [Your Name]
We believe that our clients, staff, board of directors and volunteers should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. Freedom a la Cart is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.